Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just how long has it been?

I'm a terrible blogger. I cheated with another blog, I confess. Embrace the Shadows, a blog I started with fellow paranormal romance authors Barbara Hancock and Suzanne Rock, took precedence over my own little blog. The good news is - I'm nearly finished with Leviathan. My goal is to have it finished and off to my beta readers by the end of the week.


I've also had a few good reviews...Here's a snippet of both...


For Asmodeus - Two Lips Review 4 Kisses ~ I did not want to put Asmodeus down. Dawn McClure introduced the characters in the novel, and then cleverly intertwined their growth so that their love story was believable. I really believed that their interest in each other went beyond sex and could withstand time...Asmodeus does not disappoint and I would recommend it to any reader who enjoys paranormal romance. ~ Reviewed by Christiana


For Heaven Sent - Just Erotic Romance Reviews 5 Stars ~ Heaven Sent takes place in a short period of time, but Ms. McClure packs in both a great deal of action and character development. The characters slowly reveal themselves and their secrets, though they all come across as fully developed right from the start. I loved Chris’s character more than Gabe’s, but he was one hot vamp. Chris was funny, gutsy and even her weaknesses were endearing. I also enjoyed the secondary characters like the villains who were interesting and didn’t come across as caricatures. The plot was engrossing with enough twists and turns to keep you reading straight through to the end. The only weak part of Heaven Sent was in the dearth of sex. This is understandably part of their growing relationship and individual hang-ups, but I would really like to have seen Gabe demonstrate more of his centuries’ worth of experience to Chris! I hope that this is the first in a series because I can’t wait to see where Ms. McClure takes the characters next. There were quite a few of secondary characters whose stories I would like to see developed in the future, especially the arrogant Sven and the tough Naberius. I will definitely put this author on my watch list. - Reviewed by Tory Sanders, Just Erotic Romance Reviews
The Romance Studio - 5 Hearts - Heaven Sent is the third book in a series. If you haven't read the other two, that's ok - this book can stand alone. I would, however, highly recommend you read the other two because this series is fabulous. It's a totally original idea incorporating not only vampires, but fallen angels, Nephilim, and more. It's one of those stories that stays with you long after you've finished reading. I fell in love with all the characters. Gabe has got to be the sexiest hero I've come across in a while - I completely understood why Chris was totally preoccupied with him. And Chris is one of my favorite heroines ever. Her life hasn't been easy, but instead of letting that bring her down, she has become a stronger, more compassionate person. And hilarious! She had me laughing out loud throughout the story. Sven, another vampire, was a complete riot - I'm really hoping to see his story. Naberius made another appearance in this book - he's fascinating and I want to know more about him. I could go on, but suffice it to say this book has it all as far as I'm concerned - fabulous characters, an original plot, humor, and scorching sex. This is an absolute must-read! Reviewed by Bonnie Jean
I'm off to finish my WIP. Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment