Monday, December 22, 2008

My Favorite Books of 2008 - Part 2

Shayla Black is known for her hot, steamy novels such as Wicked Ties, Decadent and Dangerous Boys and Their Toy (get it, toy? Not toys, toy? Oh yeah). Well now she has a paranormal out called Tempt Me With Darkness. Marrok has been screwed over bad - and I mean BAD - by Morganna, an ancient witch. When he meets the heroine, Olivia, he thinks she's Morganna. Oh shit, right? Would you want a male who was once the mightiest warrior in King Arthur's court to detest the very air you breathe?? The next book in the series is Seduce Me In Shadow. Here's a cool tidbit that no one will care about but me ~ I was with Shayla (Shelley) and her friends when she came up with that title. How awesome, right? It was cool! Oh shut up.


Funny story. I was at Nationals in 2007 (everything seems to happen there), standing in line for Sherrilyn Kenyon to sign a book. Nikki Duncan (fellow writer friend) and I caught sight of this book titled "'Scuse Me While I Kill This Guy.' How could we not slink over to the author and check out her book? The title was hilarious, and the book was laugh-out-loud funny. Well, this is Leslie's second book in the series. There is a scene in this book that had me acting a FOOL at the airport one day. All I have to say is "CHANGE BABY!!!" If you like a funny, quirky, contemporary read, this is your cup of tea. I DARE you not to laugh your ass off when you read this book. It's impossible.




This book is far from a light and fluffy read. It's the third in a series that stunned me, shocked me and entertained me right to the last page. Brenda Novak knows how to write a disturbing storyline and still keep the romance aspect of the story alive and sensual. The plot is chilling, and it pulls you right into a place you believe actually exists. The characters have been through hell, and this is the book that solves the mystery once and for all. Suspense novels aren't my fav thing, but I couldn't put this book down until I'd read the last page. If you enjoy reading suspense, check out the first two books in the Stillwater trilogy - Dead Silence and Dead Giveaway. These books will not disappoint.


I love me some Sherrilyn Kenyon. Her characters are BAD ASS. Zarek? Kyrian? And now Sin. Come on, you have to love that name. It ranks right up there with Zsadist and Ice (keep reading Shayla's books and you'll know who I'm talking about. He's not quite out yet, but I'm already waiting for him. I'll give you his stats here in a sec ~ Ice is going to be AWESOME). Besides Sin's rockin' name, he's an ancient Sumerian God. Who wouldn't want him in their bed? Kat, who has one hot-ass father, certainly doesn't kick him out of her bed. Only there's one problem (isn't there always?). He hates Kat's mother to the point he actually plans her death. Gives a whole new meaning to hating your in-laws, eh? Read this book! If you haven't yet read a Dark Hunter novel...well, shame on you. If you've never heard about the Dark Hunter novels, then go out and buy them. Her books aren't something a paranormal fan should pass up. It's just...wrong.


Okay...on to Ice. I have to say, I might have to beg Shayla for a sneak peek at this one. Here's a snippet I lifted off of her website for your viewing pleasure. :o)

Isdernus (Ice)
Age: 246—Seasoned enough to carry the scars of war on his body and in his heart.
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 220
Build: Muscled hulk of wizard
Hair: Brutally short black
Eyes: Green
Other: Scarred by poverty, tragedy and self-hatred, he’s a magical warrior determined to avenge the murder of the only person who ever meant anything to him. To do that, he has to cozy up to magickind’s princess—a woman so far out of his league. But one taste…and he’s lost forever.

Do you see why I can't wait for this book to come out? I say she should call it Ravage Me At Midnight and name the heroine Dawn. Right? Ice and Dawn. It has a certain ring to it. Kind of like Zsadist and Dawn. What?? A girl has to dream.
Okay, so that's my list for 2008. These were my top picks, though I have read many good books this year. God I love romance books.

No comments:

Post a Comment